Yoshimoto Orton-Gillingham Approach
Our centre has been providing this training since 2007. We have trained hundreds of teachers, allied health professionals and parents across SE Asia in public as well as in-house corporate training.
We are the only organisation in Singapore that is offering an Independent Teacher Training Program Accredited by the International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- What you will learn
- What you will receive
An internationally renowned expert on dyslexia, Ron is the former Vice-President of Orton- Gillingham Practitioners and Educators (AOGPE) and former President of the Hawaii Branch for the International Dyslexia Association (IDA). He was also the Principal and Director of the Teacher Training and Outreach Program of ASSETS School in Honolulu, Ron’s engaging style, hands-on approach and ability to engage all learners have made him a favourite among the teachers and parents he works with. He has more than 40 years experience in training teachers and working with dyslexics.
Ron has presented extensively in dyslexia conferences in U.S.A and Canada. A master OG trainer and Fellow of the AOGPE , he has trained thousands of individuals and public school teachers in Hawaii, continental U.S.A., Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines and Canada.
- An understanding of the essential components necessary for reading and spelling success.
- Identify reading and spelling challenges for students and plan a course of action
- Understand the learning needs of students with dyslexia and other reading challenges.
4.Scope and sequence for teaching the phonetic elements of reading and spelling.
- How to develop and implement a structured and multisensory lesson plan at an individual, small group and whole class/ whole school level.
- How to incorporate the five key elements for reading instruction in the lesson - phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension.
- Knowledge of structured multisensory procedures for teaching reading and spelling skills ;
- Sound-symbol relationship
- Syllable type and division
- Spelling Rules
- Informal Assessment
- Understanding biological &neurological underpinnings of Dyslexia
- Learn correction procedures and a diagnostic/ prescriptive approach to teaching reading and spelling.
Decks of teaching cards
Multi-sensory teaching materials
Reprintable worksheets in soft copy for teaching
Course Fee (including materials) : SGD 2,900.00
Registration Fee (non refundable) : SGD 350.00
Total Fee payable : SGD 3,250.00
MSL OG Preschool Workshop via ZOOM
Funded by SSG up to 70% for Singaporeans and PRs. Recognised by Early Childhood Development Agency as a course for continuous professional development for preschool teachers and early interventionists
Training Dates :
Contact us via WhatsApp (+65 80489149) or click on ‘Apply now’ to see the dates for 2024.
MSL OG Advance Modules via ZOOM
Conducted over 6 days, each session is 4 hours (9am to 1pm)
OG Preschool Course
As a prerequisite, you are required to attend the MSL-OG Preschool Workshop before being able to sign up for this module.
Please WhatsApp us at (+65) 8048 9149 for more information.
NTUC members enjoy 50% *unfunded course fee support for up to $250 (or $500 for above 40 years old) each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP. Read More on UTAP funding
NGO sponsored participants, please WhatsApp us at (+65) 8048 9149 for a special discount.
OG Morphology Course
This 1-day workshop focuses on the third and highest level of decoding and encoding with particular emphasis on teaching vocabulary development.
This workshop is only open to past participants of Yoshimoto Orton-Gillingham Approach and participants of MSL-OG Advance modules.